Difference between revisions of "Patriarch (Killing Floor 2)"
m (to clarify what special zone is, moved trivia over gallery)
|Line 296:||Line 296:|
|Line 301:||Line 302:|
Revision as of 20:35, 12 May 2022
The Patriarch is one of the five bosses faced at the end of a standard Killing Floor 2 survival game. Compared to his appearance in the first game, he is heavily mutated, having gained a lot more muscle mass as well as having more cybernetic enhancements. He retains many of his iconic attacks, quotes and AI, and as well as some new tricks. He has a massive weapons platform in place of his left arm, which holds a powerful Minigun and Missile Launcher, as well as healing syringes strapped to his leg which he uses to heal himself when retreating.
Kevin Clamely, the Patriarch's original identity, was the CEO and founder of Horzine Biotech, the company responsible for the outbreak in London. He was hired by the government to create the perfect soldier—something that wouldn't experience pain or fear, and wouldn't question or reason. London was to be used as a staging ground—a test of Horzine's accomplishments.
Horzine's methods were deemed too immoral even for such a controversial project, and were shut down. However, the project didn't want to be shut down. In a second complex deep underneath the city of London, the experiments continued.
Eventually, he realised that his work was in jeopardy. His scientists were leaving and he feared that someone may reveal his secret work to a world that wouldn't understand or even allow it. In a final act to save his dream, he asked the remaining scientists to take the most advanced pieces of technology at their disposal, and use the methods they had perfected over the course of their work to implant them into him:
An updated version of the cloaking device used on project Stalker, three modified neuro-stimulation systems similar to those used on project Guardian, a nerve-controlled weapons platform on his left arm. Finally, he underwent the same "gene-enhancing" process that all the specimens underwent, but with all the safeties off and the process running at full capacity. As Kevin walked out of the test chamber, he knew he had become as perfect as any human could hope to be.
Armies fell before him, none seemed to be able to kill him, or even harm him. He would continue his work alone, and create and protect more of his specimens until the day someone could finally work out how to kill him.
For information on the playable variant in Versus mode see Patriarch (Killing Floor 2 VS)
|Normal||Hard||Suicidal||Hell on earth|
|Base Health (body)||2812||3750||4237||5212|
For kill reward calculations read Dosh Mechanics.
The Patriarch does not have head health as he cannot be decapitated.
Under normal circumstances it is impossible to do anything with the bounty earned from killing Patriarch other than to throw it around in post-victory idle time.
The Patriarch has his health value scaled accordingly to the number of players in the game. This increase in value is massive per player. The Patriarch's base health value is 2812 on Normal, 3750 on Hard, 4237 on Suicidal, and 5212 on Hell on Earth. This value is determined by the number of players that are alive when the Patriarch spawns
|Normal||Hard||Suicidal||Hell on earth|
|Health (1 player)||2812||3750||4237||5212|
|Health (2 player)||4218||5625||6355||7818|
|Health (3 player)||5624||7500||8474||10424|
|Health (4 Player)||7030||9375||10592||13030|
|Health (5 player)||8436||11250||12711||15636|
|Health (6 player)||9842||13125||14829||18242|
|Bump damage (when fleeing)||10|
|Damage type group (per attack type)||Ballistic / Bludgeon / Explosive|
|Melee (base damage)||55|
|Melee (damage multipliers vs. doors)||14|
|Melee (damage multipliers vs. players)||0.25/0.5/0.75/1 (most of attacks - 1)|
|Minigun (rate of fire)||1000|
|Missile (amount of rockets)||3|
|Missile (explosion damage)||70|
|Missile (explosion falloff exponent)||2 (exp)|
|Missile (explosion radius)||650|
|Missile (instant hit damage)||200|
|Mortar (amount of rockets per barrage, max)||5|
|Mortar (explosion damage)||70|
|Mortar (explosion falloff exponent)||2 (exp)|
|Mortar (explosion radius)||620|
|Mortar (instant hit damage)||200|
|Tentacle (instant grab damage)||10|
Weapon range specifications:
|Minimum distance to use minigun attack, units||400|
|Minimum distance to use charge attack, units||900|
|Minimum distance to use tentacle attack, units||300|
|Tentacle maximum grab range, units||650|
|Minimum distance to use missile attack, units||600|
|Minimum distance to use mortar attack, units||400|
|Mortar attack can not be performed if the ceiling is not high enough.|
|Maximum distance for rage attack, units||1200|
The base damage value further modified by the difficulty-specific multipliers.
- Killing with weapons other than your current perk grants the XP to the perk that weapons belongs to.
- Damaging with on-perk weapons and then finishing it off with an off-perk weapon divides the XP and grants it to both perks.
- Assist kills grants full XP.
The Patriarch carries three medical syringes strapped onto his leg, which he uses to heal himself after retreating from the fight. The syringes heal him for varying amounts based on difficulty and phases.
|Normal||Hard||Suicidal||Hell on earth|
|1st Syringe, % of Max HP to heal||75%||85%||95%||99%|
|2nd Syringe, % of Max HP to heal||65%||75%||85%||95%|
|3rd Syringe, % of Max HP to heal||55%||65%||75%||85%|
Amount of HP to restore vary by +/- 5%. Healing animation durations (duration + taunt): phase 1 = 2.6s + 0.73s, phase 2 = 4.17s + 1.5s, phase 3 = 6.17s + 2.5s.
The Patriarch will always attempt to sprint when his sprint is not on cooldown. The Patriarch has specific conditions that have to be met before deciding to sprint:
- Will always sprint while cloaked.
- Cannot sprint if he is in the first phase unless cloaked.
- Cannot sprint immediately after attacking for at least one second.
- Cannot sprint if it is on cooldown.
- Cooldown time for sprinting is based on phases. This cooldown is 3 seconds for phase 1, 2.5 seconds for phase 2, 2 seconds for phase 3 and 1.5 seconds for phase 4. This cooldown resets once he stops and begins attacking.
Movement speed is randomized within ± 10% range and further modified by a multiplier based on difficulty.
|Walking speed (per difficulty)||(234 - 286) x (0.9 / 0.95 / 0.95 / 0.95) x (1 / 1 / 1 / 1)|
|Running speed (per difficulty)||(585 - 715) x (0.9 / 0.95 / 0.95 / 0.95) x (1 / 1 / 1 / 1), x1.25 more speed when fleeing|
|Sprint chance||Normal - 1 / Hard - 1 / Suicidal - 1 / HOE - 1|
|Sprint chance (when damaged)||Normal - 1 / Hard - 1 / Suicidal - 1 / HOE - 1|
In multiplayer (when there is more than 1 player at server) The Patriarch will gain 20% bonus movement speed every minute if only one player is left alive, up to a cap of 30%. He will also gain the ability to break down unwelded doors by running into them.
For comparison, by default a healthy player character with the minimal weight walks at speed of 383 units/s, and sprints at speed of 460 units/s.
Resistances and Weaknesses
The Patriarch bears an impressive amount of resistances, being resistant to every form of damage in the game any only being weak to electrical attacks of Survivalist's HRG Arc Generator. He is neutral to freezing damage of the Survivalist's Freezethrower, ballistic impact of the Demolitionist's explosive projectiles, DOT of the Hemogoblin and to EMP damage emmited by such damage sources as map traps, E.D.A.R explosion or Berserker's grenade. He is also nearly immune to toxic damage types with the exception to Field Medic's HRG Healthrower.
The Patriarch equally resists all forms of ballistic weaponry, and is slightly more resistant to Shotguns.
|Submachine Gun||Assault Rifle||Minigun||Shotgun||Handgun||HRGScorcherLightingImpact||Rifle|
The Patriarch has 2 weak spots, which are his right tentacled forearm and the chest tentacle. The weak spot on his right forearm is covered by glowing biological sacs, which change color based on how close to death he is. The cybernetic parts of his body are armored and deflect attacks. His chest tentacle can only be hit when he uses it to attack. His right limbs are the fleshy ones, and his left limbs are the cybernetic ones.
|Affliction:||Stun||Knockdown||Stumble||Gun hit||Melee hit||Snare|
|Special zone vulnerability:||x0.55||x0.25||x0.4||x0.5||x0.75||x1|
|- Incap cooldown||17s||20s||10s||1.7s||2s||10.5s|
|- Incap duration||1.25s||---||---||---||---||3s|
|- Dissipation rate||-20/s||-20/s||-20/s||-20/s||-20/s||-20/s|
|- Incap threshold||100|
|- Incap cooldown||---||10s||15s||10s||10s||10s|
|- Incap duration||---||3s||1.2s||2.2s||1s||---|
|- Dissipation rate||-10/s||-20/s||-10/s||-50/s||-20/s||-20/s|
|- Incap threshold||100 (EMP Disrupt - 25, Bleed - 65)|
|Knockdown (getup duration)||1.87s|
|Stun (time + wakeup duration)||1.25s + 1s, for PvP ZEDs - 1s + 1s|
|Freeze (time + thaw duration)||1s + 1s, for PvP ZEDs - 1s + 1s|
|Stumble (duration)||Between (1.33-2)s|
|Parry (duration)||Between (1.2-1.8)s|
Patriarch's special zone is a chest tentacle (only exposed during the grab).
|AI pause, on gun / melee hit||0.65s|
- Patriarch cannot teleport nor get frustrated.
- Damage to doors = 770.
- ZED mass = 400.
- Chance to block after taking damage: Suicidal, HOE - 0.85. Health loss percentage to trigger block - 0.1. Block chains (max): Suicidal - 5, HOE - 6. Block duration - 1.25s, cooldown - 3.5s. Affliction multiplier - x0.2. Damage multiplier (melee, firearms) - x0.9.
- Only allowed to block when not cloaked.
- Flee begin when HP at 35%, ZED summoning begin when HP at 42.5%.
- ZED summoning lasts for the duration of Patriarch flee phase (but no longer than 30 seconds) and for 4 seconds after it.
- Flee has maximum duration of 25 seconds and never shorter than 6 seconds. Maximum distance to travel while fleeing is 20000 + Random (5000) units (i.e. up to 250 meters).
- Patriarch will cancel its fleeing and will automatically heal after bumping into the players for the few times.
- HP to restore, of max health (Normal): phase1 = 75%, phase2 = 65%, phase3 = 55%.
- HP to restore, of max health (Hard): phase1 = 85%, phase2 = 75%, phase3 = 65%.
- HP to restore, of max health (Suicidal): phase1 = 95%, phase2 = 85%, phase3 = 75%.
- HP to restore, of max health (HOE): phase1 = 99%, phase2 = 95%, phase3 = 85%.
- Amount of HP to restore vary by +/- 5%. Healing animation durations (duration + taunt): phase 1 = 2.6s + 0.73s, phase 2 = 4.17s + 1.5s, phase 3 = 6.17s + 2.5s.
- EMP effect (disrupt) prevents Charge Attack (reset its conditions) and Cloak.
- Patriach might become aggressive to the visible player who has killed one of its childs. Rage lasts up to 16 seconds. Maximum range to initiate a rage on this player is 1200 units. Amount of the maximum Rage Attacks is a sum of Max Rage Attacks (per current phase) + Max (0, Game Difficulty Index (0 or 1 or 2 or 3) - 1). Rage can only happen once per battle phase.
- Along the various factors including proximity, visibility, FOV, gun-to-target clearance, last time this enemy has been seen / attacked, Patriarch evaluates and rates its enemies (tentacle grab, minigun, mortar, charge attacks) depending on the amount of taken damage. Hidden players building their aggro meters slightly faster than enemies currently seeing by Patriarch.
- While fleeing Patriarch can do bump damage to ZEDs and players. For ZEDs: base amount of the damage is 270 x (ZED Bump scale). This damage value will also be multiplied by the Patriarch's difficulty damage modifier. For all ZEDs bump scale - 1 (for Scrake - 0.1, for Fleshpound - 0). If bumped ZED has less health than damage given by Patriarch's bump there is 40% chance for this ZED to die and 60% chance to get knocked down without taking any damage. If amount of damage given by bump will be less than amount of ZED's health, bumped ZED will be damaged and stumbled. Damaged ZED will consider its bumper as an enemy if damage given by bump will be at least 15% of ZED's maximum health. For players: base amount of the damage - 10 points.
- In multiplayer game, when only one player alive for every minute spent Patriarch will be getting additional +20% movement speed, up to +30% movement speed total.
- Patriarch has an ability to destroy closed unwelded doors just by running (bumping) into them. Sprinting required.
Sprint Cooldown Time - 3s, Can Tentacle Grab - false, Can Use Missiles - true, Missile Attack Cooldown Time - 10s, Can Use Mortar - false, Can Charge Attack - true, Charge Attack Cooldown Time - 14s, Minigun Attack Cooldown Time - 2.25s, Heal Amount (Normal / Hard / Suicidal / HOE) - 0.75 / 1.0 / 1.0 / 1.0. Can move while using minigun (Normal / Hard / Suicidal / HOE) - No / No / No / No.
Sprint Cooldown Time - 2.5s, Can Tentacle Grab - true, Tentacle Grab Cooldown Time - 10s, Tentacle Damage - 10, Can Use Missiles - true, Missile Attack Cooldown Time - 8s, Can Use Mortar - true, Mortar Attack Cooldown Time - 10s, Can Charge Attack - true, Charge Attack Cooldown Time - 10s, Minigun Attack Cooldown Time - 2.0s, Heal Amount - 0.65 / 1.0 / 1.0 / 1.0f, Max Rage Attacks - 4, Can Summon Minions - true. Can move while using minigun (Normal / Hard / Suicidal / HOE) - No / No / No / Yes.
Sprint Cooldown Time - 2s, Can Tentacle Grab - true, Tentacle Grab Cooldown Time - 9s, Tentacle Damage - 10, Can Use Missiles - true, Missile Attack Cooldown Time - 7s, Can Use Mortar - true, Mortar Attack Cooldown Time - 9s, Can Do Mortar Barrage - true, Can Charge Attack - true, Charge Attack Cooldown Time - 9s, Minigun Attack Cooldown Time - 1.75s, Heal Amount - 0.6 / 0.8 / 0.8 / 0.9, MaxRageAttacks - 5, Can Summon Minions - true. Can move while using minigun (Normal / Hard / Suicidal / HOE) - No / No / Yes / Yes.
Sprint Cooldown Time - 1.5s, Can Tentacle Grab - true, Tentacle Grab Cooldown Time - 7s, Tentacle Damage - 10, Can Use Missiles - true, Missile Attack Cooldown Time - 5s, Can Use Mortar - true, Mortar Attack Cooldown Time - 7s, Can Do Mortar Barrage - true, Can Charge Attack - true, Charge Attack Cooldown Time - 7s, Minigun Attack Cooldown Time - 1.25s, Heal Amount - 0.6 / 0.8 / 0.8 / 0.9, Max Rage Attacks - 6, Can Summon Minions - true. Can move while using minigun (Normal / Hard / Suicidal / HOE) - No / Yes / Yes / Yes.
Can cloak himself, will use the invisibility to launch surprise attacks and rapidly switch targets.
Carries a powerful weapons platform on his left arm, which can be used to devastating effect.
Can fire his mini-gun, dealing extreme chip damage. However, it has massive spread.
On Suicidal and Hell On Earth difficulty, the Patriarch can move while firing his mini-gun.
Can fire his missile launcher, with different trajectories and properties.
Can fire mortar shells into the sky, which track 3 random players within range. He can repeat this move to fire more barrages (each barrage - 3 shells), up to 5 barrages, based on his phase and how injured he is.
Can perform a charging shoulder ram attack to exit stealth.
Can swing his armored left arm in a wide arc, knocking back players in front of him and dealing heavy damage.
Can attack with his tentacled right arm at close range, dealing medium damage.
Can kick players away with his armored left leg.
Can fire his chest tentacle out as a hook shot to grab players, dragging them into melee range.
When surrounded by multiple players, can perform a powerful clothesline attack that knocks surrounding players away.
When the Patriarch spawns, he will walk slowly towards the team's position. Once he gains sight, he will cloak and charge at a random player.
Once he becomes visible, the team should unload on him while keeping out of his melee range. He will repeatedly cloak and switch targets, going after players who are isolated or furthest away from his position.
Every few seconds he will use his weapons to attack, and he will pick between the Minigun, Missile Launcher or Mortar based on what phase he is on.
Fighting him in an enclosed location with a low ceiling will prevent him from using his devastating Mortar attack.
He will use his weapons more frequently the more damaged he is.
When his health drops to 42.5%, he will begin summoning lesser ZEDs to aid him. When his health drops to 35%, he will cloak and attempt to flee from the team.
Once sufficiently far away from the team, he will inject himself with one of the three healing syringes strapped onto his leg, healing based on difficulty and number of syringes left. Refer to the table above for specific numbers.
Once he has healed, ZEDs will stop spawning. He will then cloak and sprint back towards the team.
If a player kills the lesser ZEDs while in his line of sight, he will target them first.
Choose a location with many obstacles to block his line of sight to easily dodge his missiles and minigun. However, on Suicidal and Hell On Earth difficulty, there's a high chance that the Patriarch can walk while firing his minigun - Continue moving, even if you are around a corner, just to be safe.
Never stand still and do not bunch up together as he can kill multiple players with missile/mortar splash damage easily or he will perform the clothesline attack if too many people are in close proximity to him.
It is possible to kill him before he has a chance to flee and heal, by trapping him in an enclosed room, therefore ending the fight prematurely.
It is highly recommended for each team member to purchase either the HMTech-101 Pistol or a Katana before this fight begins, as it will allow for the team to heal each other throughout the battle or parry the Patriarch's attacks when he decides to target you.
The Patriarch is the "heaviest" enemy in the game, due to its mass of 400 units the pushback effect of the Firebug's Microwave Gun has nearly no effect on its travel distance. Patriarch also causes the highest amount of the crashing damage when landed on players, this case however is extremely rare.