|Killing Floor 2 Official Community map|
|Author||Sean 'synchaoz' Nielsen|
|Collectibles||Snow Globe (41)|
The Elysium is a holdout-style community-made official Killing Floor 2 map. Is was added in the game as a part of Christmas Crackdown update.
Elysium is an eerie otherwordly arena, suspended in an ethereal void, where an unseen entity has tasked you with guarding the spire at its heart; an ominous place where things rarely stay the same. Gather your allies, stock up on guns and ammo, and prepare to travel back and forth between old and new destinations.
Upon completion of series of objectives on Elysium during the Christmas Crackdown players were rewarded with the "Christmas | Tactical Elf-pack" cosmetic accessory.
- "Frozen Roses": Collect 3 roses in Elysium.
- "Four Different Tales": Collect 4 tomes in Elysium.
- "Under the Mistletoe": Complete one wave in Elysium's Botanica arena.
- "A Christmas Carol": Complete one wave in Elysium's Loremaster Sanctum arena.
- "Everlasting Winter": Complete wave 15 on Endless Hard or higher difficulty on Elysium.
Players begin their journey in the Central arena containing the only available Trader Pod on this map. For every even wave (and exluding every next wave after the Boss wave in Endless) players getting teleported to the one of the randomly chosen arenas including Desert, Fallout, Forest, Old Town, Void Zone, Glitch as well as to two secret arenas available after completion of certain tasks. After fighting their way through the wave of ZEDs players will be teleported back to the Central arena to replenish the ammo. In this Central arena they would have to stay for another wave just to get them randomly teleported again.
To unlock secret arenas players would have to find 3 roses in the Forest arena and place them in vases in the Central arena (that would give them access to Botanica level) and to find 4 tomes and place them on pedestals next to the one of Central arena's walls (to unlock Lore Master Sanctum). However players would still have to test their luck as these new secret arenas will still only be picked randomly.
As players visit new places and travel back, the Central arena changes its shape growing more and more details from the dimensions players visit. Such as after visiting the Fallout arena that is filled with toxic waste the Central arena will get decorated with few giant vertical pipes pulverizing green liquid that would hurt both players and ZEDs. These new decorations add complexity to the Central arena making navigation there both hard (during normal waves) and easier (during Boss waves) granted that it provides more and more cover as well and new environmental hazards.
Points Of Interest
- Collect 3 roses in the Forest arena and place them into 3 vases in Central arena to unlock Botanica arena.
- Collect 4 tomes in the Desert arena and place them on pedestals next to the one of the Central arena's walls and then press the lever to unlock Lore Master Sanctum.
- In the Forest arena between houses there is death body on the straw brick. Ignite it with fire weapon (50 damage required) to activate the Burning Souls trap (3 of them) in the Central arena. This burning pyre will then be doing 10 fire damage / s in the area as well as some DOT damage. Burning Souls damage is 7 / s plus DOT.
- Visit Void arena to decorate Central arena with 3 Void Sphere traps (do 10 Freeze damage within 2s intervals).
- Visit Fallout arena to decorate Central arena with 3 Pillar traps (do 5 Toxic damage / s plus DOT).
- Central area of the Fallout arena is dangerous to stay in. It does 5 Toxic damage / s plus DOT.
- Main pillar in the Central arena contains rather inaccessible zone with the Readable Lore Tablet in it, right next to the Trader Pod (can be viewed by using cheat commands). While there is no clear indication of what it was meant to do (presumably it was left unfinished) it seems like it was related to four floating Tablets that eventually appear on the Central arena. There is a lore text allocated to each of these Tablets (might be out of order):
- Harken, ye guardians of the balance, for your duty is clear;
- Beholden as you are, to the reach that delves into all of beyond; the heart of the eternal spire is your care; your destiny
- For it alone carries the weight of the tether between Heaven and Hell, that it may stand the test of eternity.
- By decree of Mother's bossom, as etched upon this very rock, the monument of Elysium shall stand the test of time
- - The Architect
- The wall opposite to the wall that contains lever to the Lore Master Sanctum has similar type of the "door" in it. While it seems impossible to get inside, there's a text message associated with this place: "Only death and despair awaits you in this place".