Update 1140 (Killing Floor 2)
New Additions and Highlights
- 1 New Community Map
- Compatible with Survival, Weekly, VS, and Endless Game Modes.
- A submarine Horzine facility.
- 1 New Weekly Mode
- Contamination Zone
- On each wave, a Safe Area is marked on the map.
- Players will receive damage if standing out of that Safe Area.
- All of the map will be safe when 5 zeds or less are alive (per wave) and during Trader Time.
- Zed spawns are modified.
- Length: 7 waves.
- Contamination Zone
- 2 New Weapons
- HRG Bombardier for the Demolitionist
- An alternative version of the Commando’s Sentinel for the Demolitionist perk.
- Assistance equipment that deploys a Grenade-firing Drone, controlling crowds with Area damage and Stumble power.
- Right-click will create a cluster explosion by detonating the drone.
- Trader price is 500 Dosh.
- S12 Shockgun for the Support
- The S12 Shockgun is a paid DLC weapon.
- A tier 4 Semi-Auto Shotgun with a special trait: its Alt-Fire creates an EMP wave to help avoid being surrounded and lethal for weak Zeds.
- Trader price is 1500 Dosh.
- HRG Bombardier for the Demolitionist
- New Steam Achievements
- Subduction related achievements
- Time-limited Objectives, Tickets, and Cosmetics
- Seasonal objectives related to Subduction and the Weekly Mode
- Complete all seasonal objectives to earn the Shark Jaw Head Accessory
- Stingray Weapon Skin Bundle Pack
- Jaeger MKIV Weapon Skin Bundle Pack
- Junkyard MKII Weapon Skin Bundle Pack
- Predator Weapon Skin Bundle Pack
- Horzine Diver Outfit Bundle
- S12 Shockgun Weapon Bundle
- Killing Floor 2 - Cosmetics Season Pass
As a reminder, the database update for ticket drops and setting up steam items for sale will occur at approximately 1pm EDT after all the patches go out in order to verify that the patches are deployed across platforms.
Addressed Community Feedback
As mentioned in the 2022 Killing Floor 2 ‘State of the Game’ our goal is to bring to the community a continued stream of QOL changes for each update throughout the year. Please continue to report any QOL changes you believe should be added to the game by submitting your feedback in the ‘general’ section on our official forums at: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forum/killing-floor-2
- Option to Toggle the Friendly HUD using a Keybind:
- Added a Keybind (configurable on PC) to toggle visibility of the Friendly HUD
- To use it in the console, open the comms dial and press RT
- Item Search for Store and Inventory
- An option will be added to search items within Store and Inventory using a virtual keyboard or your PCs and Consoles
- This search bar will filter items (weapon skins, outfits) by name.
- Magazine from 90 to 120
- Spare ammo from 540 to 600
- Ammo price per magazine from 90 to 120
- Spitfire + Winterbite + Rhino
- Sped up Bash animation 33% (1.5 play rate, around 2s)
- HRG Locust
- Damage from 60 to 45 (Explosive)
- Bleeding Power from 20 to 15
- Poison Power from 25 to 20
- Upgraded from Tier 3 to 4
- Removed 2nd upgrade
- Trader price from 900 to 1400
- Reducto Ray
- Trader price from 1200 to 900
- HRG Healthrower
- Damage on Spray end from 27 to 12
- Damage on Spray start (muzzle) from 30 to 15
- Damage Interval from 0.07 to 1.2
- Poison Power from 15 to 10
- Mine Reconstructor
- Fire Interval from 0.223 to 0.2
- Road Redeemer
- Fast attack Damage from 68 to 75
- Heavy attack Damage from 90 to 100
- HRG Crossboom
- Damage Radius from 200 to 250
- Seconds Before Arrow Detonation from 0.5 to 0.2
- HRG Head Hunter
- Ammo Cost (alt fire mode) from 100 to 25
- Field Medic
- Reduced the passive Movement Speed increase from 0.4% per level to 0.2% per level
- Reduced the resistance cap from Resilience skill to 30%
- Reduced Symbiotic Health Self Healing to 3%
- Field Medic
After many requests and lots of voices asking (a lot) for a way to search for specific items in your inventory OR purchase them in the Store, we finally included an Item Search Bar! Now finding stuff is easier than ever, on any platform. We also added a way to easily toggle the Friendly HUD for players who prefer less information on the UI, or for the ones who need to check things real quickly.
Regarding balance, we have made tweaks in some weapons, following the State of the Game Survey:
The Minigun was a powerful weapon, but magazines were always empty by the time the fun started! Bigger mags and more spare ammo make the minigun a great option for its weight and price.
The revolver trio (Rhino, Winterbite, Spitfire) had a bit of a problem, and it was its bash attack. The animation and impact were slower than other similar pistols. If any gun wielders got trapped, having that weapon meant they wouldn’t have any good way to escape. Now, the bash speed has been leveled with other pistols (9mm, Revolvers) and any class which uses it will have a way to defend themselves.
The HRG Locust is an extremely powerful weapon just by its design. Both that and its price being 900 Dosh made it a weapon not properly adjusted to its Tier. After the changes for this update, the weapon should feel more fair in all matches now.
Reducto Ray’s case was basically the same as the HRG Locust but in an opposite way. It wasn’t a weapon as powerful as its price suggested, so it became the Tier 2 alternative for the survivalist.
The common opinion on HRG Healthrower was that it’s currently a weapon that’s too powerful. It worked wonders both for healing teammates and had the killing capacity of Firebug spray weapons. The Debuff applied to this weapon was solely focused on the damage aspect of it. It’s now a weapon more oriented to healing and supporting teammates, still preserving the viability of using it in Solo mode.
The Mine Reconstructor needed a bit of love to show how great a weapon it is, so we increased its Fire Rate! Woohoo!
The Road Redeemer is a limited Berserker weapon whose stats didn’t make a difference with its Tier partners. After a damage buff, it owns its rightful spot.
Feedback on HRG Crossboom was that it was too weak. After checking and looking for what made it weak, we found out that the arrows took too long to explode after impact, and that the explosions weren’t as devastating as they should have been. That has been addressed!
The Head Hunter is a very special weapon, which forces the Sharpshooter to change its playstyle. However, the main gimmick of the weapon (pop heads with the alt-fire) was overly constrained. Now there’s room for more usage of that Alt-Fire.
And now, for the Field Medic perk.
We read tons of feedback regarding the Field Medic and how it was the most powerful Perk by a difference. Especially how its Level 5 skills made them virtually invulnerable in some specific situations. In order to balance this Perk and make others as usable as this one, we adjusted the effectiveness of both Resilience and Symbiotic Health. We also debuffed the final extra run speed the class got passively due to its level. That, combined with the Healthrower debuff should make the Field Medic much more balanced compared to other Perks.
Also mentioned in the 2022 Killing Floor 2 ‘State of the Game’ our goal is to bring to the community a continued stream of community-reported bug fixes for each update throughout the year. Please continue to report any bugs you discover by visiting our official forums at: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forum/killing-floor-2 and posting in the ‘PC’ or ‘Console’ sections.
- Fixed an issue where the Survivalist's “Faster Weapon Switch” bonus was only applying to survivalist weapons.
- Addressed an issue where downloading or updating existing or new Workshop Maps were not always downloading due to getting into a poor state.
- Fixed an issue with the Demolitionist SKill Destroyer of Worlds that could lead to unintended damage types and visual effects being applied to some weapons.
- Fixed an issue where the animation of pressing the remote control would not play when the al-fire was pressed.
- Fixed an issue where the Drone ammo count would be out of sync when dropping and picking back up the remote control.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Sentinel from firing through glass.
- Fixed an issue where the Sentinel played no sound during the weapon check animation.
- Fixed an issue where the Sentinel would not fire at Zeds that were meleeing the drone owner when playing offline.
- Adjusted the behavior of the Patriarch’s tentacle to not grab and draw in the Sentinel.
- Fixed an issue where the ammo counter would be reduced when switching weapons during drone deployment.
- Fixed an issue with the M16 203 Assault Rifle where the Alt-Fire sound would stop playing.
- Corrected the HRG Crossboom Alt-Fire to have the proper detonation time.
- Fixed an issue where the Survivalist Crovel was not cycling through the weapon swap correctly while the primary weapon was empty.
- Addressed the localization for the Plague Doctor Hood where it did not fit within boundaries in multiple languages.
- Fixed issue for the M4 where an extraneous M was present in German in the inventory menu.