Update 1088 (Killing Floor 2)
- Yuletide Horrors:
Happy holidays from the Horzine team as we present our seasonal Yuletide Horrors update! Take a perilous stroll through Sanitarium and uncover its dark, ritualistic secrets while dispatching the holiday horrors skulking through its maniacal hallways. But don’t stop there! You can thwart the Patriarch’s plans to clone a legion of Zeds in the Biotics Lab Objective game mode. Seems a bit much to get done on top of decorating and gift wrapping? Don’t worry, the Horzine team developed a few new handy dandy weapons to knock the socks off those pesky, ravenous elves! As you deck the halls with guts and blood, wear some holiday cheer with our many new cosmetics that’ll put even your own grandmother’s sweater to shame! Tis the season to be slaying, and from the Horzine team, we wish you all a grand, bloody-good time! Beta 1 Start 11/6/2019, Beta 2 Start 11/19/2019 (Dates are subject to change).
New Additions and Highlights:
- 1 New Boss
- Rachel Clamely returns as the Matriarch. Her pursuit to stop her father turned into an overzealous dedication, and she has gone through great lengths to contest against him. Her biotech modifications have given her a new perspective in life but her mind has gone quite mad from it. Nothing will stand in her way, friend or foe!
- 1 New Community Map
- Compatible with Survival, Weekly, Versus Survival, and Endless Game Modes.
- Note: Versus Survival game mode is unavailable for the Beta 1 v1088.
- Blast away crowds of holiday Zeds as mysterious entities perform a dark ritual to summon the great one.
- 1 Objective Map
- Biotics Lab
- Mercenaries assist Dr. Ogada Buyu in demolishing the cloning mechanisms of the Biotics Labs to stop the Patriarch’s plans to clone a new legion of Zeds!
- Biotics Lab
- 4 New Weapons
- An alteration of the Railgun that fires overcharged, highly-piercing bullets and darts. The bullets are capable of shocking Zeds and inducing the EMP effect on them. As for the darts, they hit their target almost instantly and are capable of healing other players for a substantial amount of health. These darts deal more damage than standard darts and have the potential to knock down or stumble Zeds that are in the way of their path.
- Trader price is 1500 Dosh.
- HRG Winterbites for the Gunslinger
- An alteration of the Spitfires that fires large, nitrogen ice shards that explode on impact, dealing damage and applying the freeze affliction to any Zeds inside the explosion radius.
- Trader price is 325 Dosh for single and 650 Dosh for duals.
- Mosin Nagant for the Sharpshooter (Not available for purchase during BETA)
- This is a paid DLC weapon. This weapon can be shared amongst players through our weapon sharing system
- Five-shot, bolt-action, internal magazine-fed military rifle. This M91/30 allows a capable sharpshooter to fire at distant threats, stab at nearby threats, and block and parry damage from incoming threats.
- Trader price is 1100 Dosh.
- Riot Shield & Glock 18 for the SWAT (Not available for purchase during BETA)
- This is a paid DLC weapon. This weapon can be shared amongst players through our weapon sharing system.
- A combination of the Riot Shield and Glock 18. The Riot Shield can mitigate most incoming, frontal damage only while a player is aiming down the sights. Its bash is capable of slamming into multiple Zeds crowding in front of you. The Glock 18 is a fully automatic pistol with two fire modes: single and automatic.
- Trader price is 1500 Dosh.
- Dosh Vault (Not available during BETA)
- HMTech-501 Grenade Rifle | Vault | Vosh | Precious
- MKb.42 | Vault | Vosh | Precious
- Doomstick | Vault | Vosh | Precious
- Seeker Six | Vault | Vosh | Precious
- New Steam Achievements
- Defeating the Matriarch
- Sanitarium and its collectibles
- Biotics Lab Objective game mode completion
- Time-limited Objectives, Tickets, and Cosmetics (Not available during BETA)
- Matriarch, Sanitarium, and Biotics Lab seasonal objectives to earn the FN FAL | Jaeger | Dynamic weapon skin
- Christmas Event Tickets
- Christmas Cosmetics
- Zedconomy (Not available for purchase during BETA)
- Mosin Nagant Weapon Bundle
- Riot Shield & G18 Weapon Bundle
- Grim Treatments Weapon Bundle
- Yuletide Horrors Weapon Bundle
- Jaeger Weapon Skin Double Pack
- Foster’s Favorites Weapon Skin Pack
- Santa’s Helper Outfit Bundle
- Added Bronze, Silver, and Gold Bundle Packs for :
- Premium Christmas Tickets
- Emote Crate | Series #3
- Jaeger Weapon Skin Encrypted USB
- Horzine Supply Crate | Series #12 (Deepstrike)
Beta 1 for this update contains a lot of exciting new features! As such, feedback is going to be incredibly important. Stay tuned for a link to a survey where you, the community, will be able to provide your feedback directly to us! Thank you!
Addressed Community Feedback
As mentioned in the 2018 Killing Floor 2 ‘State of the Game’ our goal is to bring to the community a continued stream of QOL changes for each update throughout the year. Please continue to report any QOL changes you believe should be added to the game by submitting your feedback in the ‘general’ section on our official forums at: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forum/killing-floor-2
- Head armor obliteration value increased from 80 to 125.
Designer Note :
There was a bug with the damage calculations where Perk bonuses were not applying correctly to the head armor obliteration value. As such, the base obliteration number was lower than intended. Now that the bug has been fixed, the value has been increased to its intended gameplay value.
As always, we’d like to hear the community's feedback on these changes. You can do so by visiting and posting in the ‘general’ section on the official Tripwire Interactive forums at: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forum/killing-floor-2
Also mentioned in the 2018 Killing Floor 2 ‘State of the Game’ our goal is to bring to the community a continued stream of community reported bug fixes for each update throughout the year. Please continue to report any bugs you discover by visiting our official forums at: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forum/killing-floor-2 and posting in the ‘PC’ or ‘Console’ sections.
Top Community Issues:
- Fixed instances of the Abomination’s gorge attack causing players to get caught in a stuck state.
- Various fixes to snag and stuck spots in Ashwood Asylum.
- Implemented measures that should help reduce server hard drive load on workshop content update retrieval that we're looking for server admin feedback to further improve within the Beta period.
- Fixed an issue where a player playing as the Survivalist Perk did not receive XP for Berserker or SWAT while using their respective Perk weapons.
- Fixed an issue with the Abomination where the FX for his gorge would continue to play after the attack was finished.
- Fixes to ZED pathing in Ashwood Asylum.
- Fixed an issue with Trader Pod textures appearing incorrectly in survival mode.
- Fixed an issue with boss pathing on Monster Ball.
- Fixed an issue where the lock-on indicator for the Railgun could remain on screen after changing fire mode.
- Fixed an issue with the Kickin’ It Deluxe emote textures not displaying correctly in the game lobbies.
- Fixed an issue with the Air Metal emote not displaying correctly when equipped by a player using D.A.R.
- Fixed an issue with the D.A.R. cosmetics where armor cosmetics and their variants were not visible in 1st Person.
- Security improvements for kick/ban exploits