|Killing Floor 2 Tripwire Official map|
ZED Landing is a Killing Floor 2 map. It was added in the game as a part of Tropical Bash update. It is the second map in the game to introduce dynamic weather elements (the first being Black Forest) and first to add environmental hazards - upon making it to 50% wave completion in normal Survival game the huge volcano in map background awakes releasing flows of hot lava that replace water in a couple of creeks located on the map making it dangerous for players to step into and as well emits huge cloud of white ash which obscures player's vision.
Since the Back & Kickin' Brass update this map is also compatible with the Objective mode where players have to accomplish certain mandatory tasks in order to advance in the game.
Promo Page Description
"When the erupting volcano is the least of your worries, you know your tropical island vacation has gone awry. Welcome to Zed Landing! Thanks to a crashed Horzine cargo plane, this island has become infested with Zeds, all of whom want to eat you before the volcano cooks you. Or after really, they’re not that picky; Zeds are into barbecue."
This map can be played in Objective mode. Story involving mercenaries assisting Dr. Ogada Buyu, a Horzine employee, to uncover the events of the Horzine plane crash and locate important information for her before Horzine gets their hands on it.
|1||The plane was carrying trader pods but these got damage during the crash. Players use their welders to repair them.||Trader pod weld integrity = 1600 points. 4 pods need to be fixed. Initial delay before objective starts = 10s. Each next pod takes 1s. to appear.|
|2||It appears that Crawlers have escaped during the crash. Players tasked to eliminate them.||All ZEDs are replaced by Crawlers. Wave size = x2 (compare to Survival).|
|3||The on-board drone has extracted black box details and now it needs to be extracted. Luckily for the mission there is a terminal in a cave nearby. Mercs assisting the drone to make its wave into the cave.||Drone max speed = 1m/s, 2 meters when players nearby. Drone does not move when ZEDs are close. Speed decreases as the health of the drone goes down. Health = 400. Drone spawns half-damaged and can be fixed. Health to restore by one welder tick is a % of 68 (119 for Support) / cart's Max Weld Integrity, which is 1p = 1500, 2p = 2000, 3p = 2500, 4p = 3000, 5p = 3500 and 6p = 4000.|
|4||Something went wrong and data cannot be extracted right away. The backup plan is to locate and deliver 3 Datapads scattered around the island.||3 Datapads have to be collected and there are 6 possible spawn points for these. Initial delay before first datapad appears = 25s, each next = 10s.|
|5||The plan worked and data extraction begins. Now players have to protect the terminal from the ZEDs.||Hold time = 120s. Player thresholds: 1p - 1, 2p - 1, 3p - 2, 4p - 2, 5p - 3, 6p - 3. ZEDs thresholds: 1p - 5, 2p - 4, 3p - 4, 4p - 4, 5p - 3, 6p - 3.|
|6||The data extracted and it reveals the the crash was not an accident. Buyu orders players to deliver the drone to extraction point where helicopter shall arrive any time soon.||see Wave 3 notes.|
|7||The volcanic eruption, which Buyu thinks was caused by Horzine authorities, unleashes huge cloud of white ash. The pilot cannot locate LZ so the mercs have to operate flare launching device.||Activations required = 5. Initial delay before first activation can be performed = 25s. Each next activation takes 20s to recharge. Player thresholds: 1p - 1, 2p - 1, 3p - 2, 4p - 2, 5p - 3, 6p - 3. ZEDs thresholds: 1p - 5, 2p - 5, 3p - 5, 4p - 4, 5p - 3, 6p - 3.|
|8||Suddenly it reveals that crashed cargo was carrying King Fleshpound and the extraction cannot continue with him running around. Players fight the boss. Once it defeated cutscene shows survivors successfully escaping the island.||King Fleshpound has 100% chance to become end-game boss.|
- (Objective) Apparently Dr. Ogada Buyu was in relations as she mentions that player is more reliable as her "ex".
- (Objective) As players operate the flare launching device, Buyu become more and more frustrated blaming the pilot for being incompetent enough to see the flares. And is it reveals later the pilot was actually busy on his phone did not paying enough attention.
- The design of the map collectables (the volleyballs) is the crossover reference to both - an american survival drama film "Cast Away" and to Tripwire Interactive's vice-president Alan Wilson whose face can be seen on these balls.
- Lava creeks do up to 3 points of fire damage within 0.5 second intervals.
- Cargo plane labeled ZedEx which is a humorous reference to an american multinational courier delivery services company FedEx.
- Huge island rock next to the shore in map background is actually made of ventriloquist doll's face - a map collectable of Farmhouse map and an enemy in original Killing Floor's mod Toy Master.