Update 1080 (Killing Floor 2)
- Husk Cannon
- Damage modifier rate increased from 70% to 80% per charge, effectively increasing the final charge damage from 450% to 500% of the base.
- Unequip animation plays 23% faster.
- Spare ammo capacity increased from 400 to 500.
- 1st weapon upgrade damage for ice shards decreased from 28 to 23.
- 2nd weapon upgrade damage for ice shards decreased from 36 to 26.
- Seal Squeal
- Unequip animation plays 25% faster.
- Equip animation plays 15% faster.
- Dart charge ammo consumption reduced from 40 to 30 for light, bash, and heavy attacks.
- Spare ammo capacity increased from 9 to 12.
- Starting spare magazines upon purchase increased from 0 to 1. This means that upon purchase, it will start with 3 spare rounds instead of 0.
- Gas explosion damage reduced from 250 to 200.
- Heal amount from gas explosion reduced from 50 to 30.
- Starting spare magazines upon purchase reverted from 0 back to 1. This means that upon purchase, it will start with 1 spare round instead of 0.
- Spare ammo capacity increased from 1 to 2.
- Inventory group prioritization set to 0. This will shift the C4 to a lower slot under the Secondary section of the Inventory.
- Transport Carryables (Gear / Data Pad)
- Bludgeon damage reduced from 150 to 100.
- Husk Cannon
We received a lot of feedback from the Beta 1 summer survey, so each adjustment was made with suggestions and concerns in mind from the community.
First off, the Husk Cannon felt more effective firing quick, individual shots instead of fully charged ones. Our adjustment should allow a fully charged shot to deal as much damage as five quick shots.
The previous adjustments to the Freezethrower helped it play better, but unfortunately, there was a bug with the alt-fire that caused the shards to clump up rather than disperse. Now, the shards should disperse properly. Alongside this change, we also received a lot of feedback that it did not have enough ammunition and the swap out speed felt a tad too slow for players to effectively swap and combo with other weapons. The above changes should help address these concerns with the Freezethrower and allow it to perform much better than its previous iterations. We tuned down the weapon upgrade damage values for just the shards to compensate for the increased number of shards launched.
The Seal Squeal had slow swap speeds as well as the inability to explode harpoons while reloading. Unfortunately, the latter is trickier to implement in the given time frame and is something we will look into for a future patch. As for now, we improved the swap speeds to give players an easier time switching into and out of the Seal Squeal.
A lot of feedback requested more ammunition for the Hemoclobber, so we added an extra spare ammo capacity and gave an extra magazine upon purchase to help alleviate some concerns about ammunition. At the same time, its poison gas explosion damage and heal felt too effective, so we adjusted those values down a bit to compensate for the extra ammunition. We also reduced its dart consumption amounts to further improve its feasibility in healing other players. Our goal with these changes is to help improve the Field Medic aspects of the weapon without overpowering the Berserker aspects.
C4 received further tunes to improve its flexibility. It felt too restrictive to only have two C4, so we bumped up the spare ammo capacity to allow one more. We also reverted a previous change and allow players to have 2 C4 at their disposal upon purchase. We also received a lot of concerns about its group prioritization as a lot of players switch from their primary over to their secondary pistol to take care of Zeds and having C4 at the top hindered that a bit.
Lastly, we reduced the damage inflicted by the gear and data pad as the pair provided an excessive amount of damage, especially in the hands of Berserkers.
- Level 20 Hollow Point Rounds
- Damaged reverted from 20% back to 30%.
- Updated text description to reflect the change.
- Level 20 Hollow Point Rounds
We want to send a big thank you to everyone who shared their thoughts and feedback on the damage reduction. We decided to revert the change and further explore options to improve the design of the Eat Lead and Hollow Point Rounds Perk skills. We want to create a better standing for the two Perk skills. We received a lot of great suggestions, and to give us ample time to properly test and configure any new changes, we will not be pushing out any changes to Eat Lead or Hollow Point Rounds for the summer patch.
As always, we’d like to hear the community's feedback on any of these changes. You can do so by visiting and posting in the ‘general’ section on the official Tripwire Interactive forums at:https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forum/killing-floor-2
Also mentioned in the 2018 Killing Floor 2 ‘State of the Game’ our goal is to bring to the community a continued stream of community reported bug fixes for each update throughout the year. Please continue to report any bugs you discover by visiting our official forums at: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forum/killing-floor-2 and posting in the ‘PC’ or ‘Console’ sections.
Top Community Issues:
- Fixed an issue where quick healing with the syringe, then swapping weapons allowed players to use weapons when carrying the Transport carryable during a Transport objective.
- Fixed an issue where the client crashes when map travelling to a VS Survival game session.
- Fixed an issue where the Freezethrower alt-fire ice shards applied the freeze affliction.
- Fixed an issue where the Transport carryables (Gear / Data Pad) used higher than intended parry and block values.
- Fixed an issue where the Survivalist Make Things Go Boom Perk skill applied to all types of damage reduction.
- Fixed an issue where the drone was still targetable by bosses.
- Steam Fortress
- Fixed an issue where the Trader pod inside the rocket activated before the boss wave.
- Fixed an issue where the Trader pod inside the rocket did not work during game modes outside of Objective.
- Cleaned up multiple snag spots throughout the map.
- Santa’s Workshop
- Fixed an issue where the Zeds were not playing Christmas VO.
- Fixed an issue where the Seal Squeal harpoons ricochet off of metal walls.
- Fixed an issue where the HMTech-401 Assault Rifle prestige skin was incorrectly mapped to the model.
- Fixed an issue where the Kriss SMG Vault Vosh skin was untextured during gameplay.
- Fixed an issue where the Railgun Vault Vosh skin was untextured during gameplay.
- Fixed an issue where Objective game mode dialogue would play in VS Survival lobbies.
- Fixed an issue where Create a Match would make an invalid Objective game mode.
- Fixed an issue where the description for the Objective game mode was not localized.