Update 1070 (Killing Floor 2)
Endless Game Mode
- Special Zed Waves
- Scrake Waves
- Set the trigger chance from 50% to 100% for special Zed waves past wave 20. This means that the Scrake wave should be the only special Zed wave occurring after wave 20 on all base difficulties
- Scrake Waves
Designer Note - We’re setting it so that the Scrake special Zed wave takes the place of the Fleshpound special Zed wave for waves 21 and above. Currently, the Fleshpound special Zed wave has a spawn rate issue that is disrupting the difficulty of the gameplay, and we are looking at options to fix this.
- Reverted the stumble value of light attacks from 100 to 250
- Reverted the stumble value of heavy attacks from 250 to 100
Designer Note - We had previously altered the stumble values because the light attacks had a substantially higher stumble chance compared to the heavy attacks. Thus, it was easier to combo and stumble Zeds with the light attacks. Since the light attacks are faster than the heavy attacks, we were concerned about the effectiveness of this gameplay style. We then received feedback about its new setup, and it was not as engaging and interesting as its old setup. The Zweihander’s stumble values have been reverted to their original values.
- Sharpshooter / Commando
- FNFAL ACOG
- Increased recoil by 15%
- Increased penetration value from 0 to 2
- Increased automatic fire mode fire rate from 0.0857 to 0.099. This means it will fire slightly slower than before
- Reduced stun value of bullets from 15 to 10
- FNFAL ACOG
Designer Note - The FNFAL ACOG added a new, powerful addition to the Commando Perk. We targeted specific aspects of the weapon to attempt to reduce its effectiveness mainly for the Commando Perk. We adjusted down its automatic fire mode fire rate to reduce its spike damage potential, and we increased the recoil of the weapon to reduce its accuracy to make it harder to control it while unloading a magazine. We also toned down the stun value so that it’s not as easy to stun Scrakes and Fleshpounds as before, and this should also make the Sharpshooter‘s Ballistic Shot Perk skill more meaningful. Lastly, we increased the penetration power because of community feedback requesting its inclusion as it is a characteristic of Sharpshooter weapons. The penetration is the same as the M14EBR, and we’ll be gauging its effectiveness during the beta 2 patch.
- Field Medic
- Reduced toxic damage multiplier of ZED TIME - Zedative from 100x to 10x, effectively reducing the damage by 90%
Designer Note - The multiplier for the Perk skill was set substantially higher than intended. This resulted in exceptional amounts of damage whenever the skill triggered. Now, the damage should be more reasonable.
- Monster Ball
- Reduced the cost of the door leading into the alchemy room from 10,000 to 1250 dosh
Designer Note - We reduced the dosh requirement to open the door because the payoff to open it was not enticing for the dosh requirement. We also want to give players the option to open it earlier so they they don’t have to wait until the end of the game session to experience the space.
- Removed the Workshop Subscription feature from the WebAdmin tool. This should also fix a Linux server issue from the Beta 1 build.
- Adjusted the amount of chatter down from the Halloween Alpha Clot.
Beta 2 Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where the HMTech-501 Grenade Rifle used the incorrect damage type for its bullets. It should now properly use the Assault Rifle damage type instead of the Bullet Shell.
- Fixed an issue where the HMTech-501 Grenade Rifle and ammo boxes could allow for infinite grenades.
- Fixed an issue where Commando players lost the ability to see Zed health bars after respawning from death.
- Fixed an issue where the health syringe charge bar became stuck at its current charge state after the player died.
- Fixed an issue where the SG 500 | Prestige | Precious preview icon was not loading on the Steam item inventory window.
- Fixed an issue where “Play Online Now” text showed up incorrectly under the Solo game options.
- Fixed an issue where the Abomination Spawn did not have its balance tweaks during the Beta 1. Base health should now be reduced from 650 to 450, and their base toxic explosion and toxic cloud damage should increase from 12 to 15.
- Fixed an issue with the Halloween Husk’s critical chest zone where it was hard to hit and not registering damage properly.
- Fixed an issue where the bottom half of the Halloween Husk’s chest core could not be targeted.
- Fixed an issue in Monster Ball where there were too many ammo boxes set up. It has been reduced from 26 to 20.
- Fixed an issue in Monster Ball where Zeds could become stuck in a spot nearby a Stand Your Ground objective event.
- Fixed an issue in Monster Ball where shooting the heads off of the knight statues caused their body armor to disappear.
- Fixed an issue in Monster Ball where players could use the Double-barreled Boomstick to hop over the death pit.
- Fixed an issue in Monster Ball where players could crouch inside a particular bush and avoid attacks from Zeds.
- Fixed an issue where the HMTech-501 Grenade Rifle’s audio came mostly out of the right side of an audio output device.
- Fixed an issue where single shots from the HMTech-501 Grenade Rifle sounded like multiple shots were being fired.
- Fixed an issue where the FNFAL ACOG had no echoes set up.
- Fixed an issue where the FNFAL ACOG single shot sound was louder than the automatic shot sounds.
- Fixed an issue where the Microwave Gun idle audio persisted after holstering or dropping the weapon.
- Fixed an issue where the Seeker Six sounds stacked and did not flush out from the game.
- Fixed an issue where the Doomstick Alt-Fire would stop working after shooting, reloading, and melee bashing in that order.
- Fixed an issue where the Hans VO audio volume was not modified by the Dialog volume setting.
- Fixed an issue where the dance floor audio could block the normal game audio. The two should now be blended better together.
- Fixed an issue where the Monster Ball waterfall audio could become stuck looping after dying near it.
- Fixed an issue where the HMTech-501 Grenade Rifle grenade model lacked an emissive texture.
- Fixed an issue where the skins of the HMTech-401 Assault Rifle were applying to the HMTech-501 Grenade Rifle.
- Fixed an issue where Strasser’s lapel was clipping into the camera while holding the FNFAL ACOG.
- Fixed an issue where D.A.R.’s right shoulder was clipping into the camera while iron sighting with the FNFAL ACOG.
- Fixed an issue where the MKb.42(H) Carbine Rifle had a bullet in the barrel that was visible during idle animations and weapon checks.
- Fixed an issue where the battlescarred and mint Freezethrower Bluefire weapon skin textures were incorrectly swapped.
- Fixed an issue where Mrs. Foster’s gas mask filter was too small.
- Fixed an issue where the MKb.42(H) Carbine Rifle was not listed as part of the rewards for the Halloween seasonal objectives.
- Fixed an issue where the HMTech-501 Grenade Rifle name was clipping in the trader menu on some supported languages.
- Fixed an issue where the dosh vault description text was clipping in the Russian language.
- Fixed an issue where the “Skip Trader” button text was clipping in some supported languages.
- Fixed an issue where the SDK Frontend tool failed on uploads.
Several other fixes that did not make this build but are intended for final release include:
- HMTech-501 Grenade Rifle
- Reduced the weapon bob while sprinting by 80%
- Road Redeemer
- Reduced the bash speed animation by 20%
- Reduced the weapon bob while sprinting by 80%