The Alpha Clot is a common specimen in Killing Floor 2. It is classified as a lesser enemy, and therefore, cannon fodder. Although extremely weak on their own, their real strength comes in numbers.
- 1 Base Statistics
- 2 Speed
- 3 Resistances and Weaknesses
- 4 Behavior
- 5 Rioter Variant
- 6 Miscellaneous Information
- 7 Extermination Tactics
- 8 Gallery
|Normal||Hard||Suicidal||Hell on earth|
For kill reward calculations read Dosh Mechanics.
|Grab attack (odds, instead of regular attack)||0.33|
|Melee (base damage, Alpha Clot)||6|
|Melee (base damage, Rioter)||8|
|Melee (damage multipliers vs. doors)||3/6|
|Melee (damage multipliers vs. players)||0.2/0.4/0.5/0.6/0.7/1|
The base damage value further modified by the difficulty-specific multipliers.
- Killing with weapons other than your current perk grants the XP to the perk that weapons belongs to.
- Damaging with on-perk weapons and then finishing it off with an off-perk weapon divides the XP and grants it to both perks.
- Assist kills grants full XP.
Clots move slowly when docile, and sprint when enraged.
On higher difficulties, Clots have a chance to enrage upon sighting the players, and have a chance to enrage when shot.
Once enraged, Clots will never stop sprinting until they are killed.
Movement speed is randomized within ± 10% range and further modified by a multiplier based on difficulty.
|Walking speed (per difficulty)||(189 - 231) / (162 - 198) x (0.9 / 0.95 / 0.95 / 0.95) x (1 / 1 / 1 / 1)|
|Running speed (per difficulty)||(450 - 550) / (405 - 495) x (0.9 / 0.95 / 0.95 / 0.95) x (1 / 1 / 1 / 1)|
|Sprint chance||Normal - 0 / Hard - 0 / Suicidal - 0.5 / HOE - 0.85|
|Sprint chance (when damaged)||Normal - 0 / Hard - 0.7 / Suicidal - 1 / HOE - 1|
For comparison, by default a healthy player character with the minimal weight walks at speed of 383 units/s, and sprints at speed of 460 units/s.
Should sprint if can sprint OR (if can sprint when damaged AND damaged) (i.e. if sprint chance met its value). Should sprint when frustrated. Rioter cannot sprint while wearing the armor and will sprint upon loosing it.
Resistances and Weaknesses
Clots have little to no weaknesses, and have a few crippling resistances.
|Piercing||Slashing||Bludgeon||Toxic||Fire||Microwave||Explosives||Slashing - Knife||Freeze||Shells||Bleeding||EMP|
Clots have no resistances to ballistic weaponry and are extremely vulnerable to sub-machine guns.
|Sub-machine Gun||Assault Rifle||Shotgun||Handgun||Rifle|
Clots only have one weak spot, which is the head.
|Affliction:||Stun||Knockdown||Stumble||Gun hit||Melee hit||Snare|
|Special zone vulnerability:||x1||x1||x1.3||x2.5||x2||x10|
|- Incap cooldown||3s||1s||0.3s / 0.2s||0.2s||0s||5.5s|
|- Incap duration||3s||---||---||---||---||4s|
|- Dissipation rate||-20/s||-20/s||-20/s||-20/s||-20/s||-20/s|
|- Incap threshold||100|
|- Incap cooldown||6s||10s||7s||5s||1.5s||---|
|- Incap duration||3s||2s||5s||5s||4s||---|
|- Dissipation rate||-10/s||-20/s||-10/s||-50/s||-20/s||-20/s|
|- Incap threshold||100 (EMP Disrupt - 25, Bleed - 65)|
|Knockdown (getup duration)||2s|
|Stun (time + wakeup duration)||3s + 1.33s, for PvP ZEDs - 1.5s + 1.33s|
|Freeze (time + thaw duration)||4s + 1.33s, for PvP ZEDs - 0.5s + 1.33s|
|Stumble (duration)||Between (0.87-1.53)s|
|Parry (duration)||Between (0.87-1)s|
The Alpha Clot is a predictable, melee-only ZED.
Upon spawning, it will walk or sprint towards the nearest player and attempt to scratch them, or grab and bite them, immobilizing their target.
On Suicidal and Hell On Earth, Clots gain additional attack animations that they will use when they are enraged. Other than that, their behavior does not change drastically between the difficulties.
Alpha Clots have a chance of spawning as Rioters, aka Elite Alphas, Albino Clots or King Clots.
These Clots can be easily identified by the armored plates of their chests, face and iroquois-looking helmet, whiter skin tone, along with visible blue veins on their body.
Rioters have different statistics as compared to normal Alpha Clots, and they have the ability to Rally surrounding ZEDs.
It is recommended to quickly find them and kill them before they can use their ability. They usually weave in and out among the ZED hordes before using Rally.
Chance to spawn as Rioter: Normal - 0, Hard - 0, Suicidal - 25%, HOE - 35%.
Rally chance: Suicidal - 70%, HOE - 80%. Rally cooldown: Suicidal and - 15 seconds. Self damage dealt multiplier: Suicidal and HOE - x2.5. To activate a Rally there should be at least 4 nearby ZEDs (including Rioter itself) within 10m radius. Evaluation of Rally possibility happens within 0.5 second intervals.
Health and armor:
|Normal||Hard||Suicidal||Hell on earth|
Rioter wears 2 pieces of armor - on its head and chest. Each armor piece has its own health that absorbs ALL the damage dealt to respective body part. AOE attacks (e.g. fire, explosives) have their damage split across all existing armor pieces for equal parts. Rioter's back and legs are still remain exposed so attacking there might be a wise decision.
Note: any direct damage, equal or greater than 125 will obliterate and nullify Rioter's head armor completely - head armor will be instantly destroyed like it never existed (will take damage equal to its maximum health). And, due to calculation specifics (step 2 of "ZEDs - Damage to take" mechanic) all the damage will instead be done to Rioter's body. For example, off-perk .500 Magnum Revolver (160 damage) will destroy Rioter's head armor completely (450 points) and will do 160 x 1.01 x 1.1 = 177, 177 + 300 x 0.25 = 252, 252 x 1.01 x 1.1 = 279, 279 + 177 = 456 points of damage to its body health killing it instantly. Its head health, however, will remain untouched.
While health-wise Rioter shares the same resistances and vulnerabilities as regular Alpha Clot, it's armor actually has different multipliers. The armor is notably vulnerable to Hemogoblin's DOT (but not to the initial impact which Rioter is neutral to).
|Ballistic (SMG)||Ballistic (Handgun)||Ballistic (AR, Rifle, Shotgun),Explosive, Piercing, Toxic||Slashing||Bludgeon||Fire||Microwave||Bleeding (Hemogoblin)||Freeze, Shell, EMP|
- Does slightly more damage with its melee attacks than regular Alpha Clot: 8 vs 6 points.
- Rioters are notably vulnerable to fire, taking 200% more damage from it (x3 multiplier) than normal Alpha Clots.
- Rioters do not sprint while they wear armor but will enrage instantly when either of pieces destroyed. Due to code specifics they are also capable of sprinting for one second after Rally boosting nearby ZEDs. Their sprint animation and less chaotic, compare to their regular counterparts they just start walking faster without swinging their arms and wiggling their head.
- Rioters move approximately 10% slower than normal Alpha Clots.
|Frustration delay||Random (2.5-5)s|
|Disabled, when total AI remains||12|
|When hidden, can use after||5s|
|When spawned, can use after||10s|
|AI pause, on gun / melee hit||0.75s|
- (PvP) Rally boost: forces AI Alpha Clots to sprint, players do x1.5 more damage.
- Distance to perform grab = 1.88m.
- Maximum grab range = 2.1m.
- Grab attack can be interrupted.
- Damage to doors (possible values) = 18 / 36.
- ZED mass = 50.
- Should sprint if can sprint OR (if can sprint when damaged AND damaged) (i.e. if sprint chance met its value). Should sprint when frustrated.
- Alpha Clot cannot grab the player for 1 second after grenade throw. Alpha Clot cannot grab the player for 0.5 seconds after shooting the healing dart.
- This ZED can be knocked down when jumped on.
- Alpha Clot has a chance to spawn as Elite Alpha. Elite Alpha able to rally boost nearby ZEDs. Rally evaluation happens when Clot sees the player. Interval to check for rally probability: When Clot sees the player a 2s + random (0-3s) timer starts, then for the duration of Clot-to-player LOS visibility evaluation happens within 1.5s intervals.
- Alpha Clot has a chance to evade certain damage sources.
Being cannon fodder, just about any form of weaponry will take them out very quickly.
Ammunition can be saved in early waves by switching to the knife and cutting their heads off.
In later waves, Clots are there to populate the waves and distract players from larger threats. Try to take them out quickly so you can focus on the real threats sooner.
Extremely weak to Sub-machine guns, making the SWAT the best perk for quickly exterminating huge groups of Clots.
Beware of their grabs, as Clots can end games by catching the last surviving player off-guard and immobilizing them, giving the larger enemies enough time to catch up and kill them.